Future Project: Project Composer Assistant (AI)
The main goal of this research project is the use of artificial intelligence (AI) as a digital coworker to support project leaders and project team members.
Inspired by the idea of knowledge navigator (Apple, John Sculley 1987)
we think it is time to go beyond search engines.
Bildnachweis: Youtube, Apple's Future Computer: The Knowledge Navigator,
Abb. PCA 1: Knowledge Navigator, Apple Computer
What we felt to need in the competition of product development or other topics of engineering is an
assisting and learning composition engine* which could support the creative composition of concepts and related project plans.
The vision for our digital coworker is a composition engine equipped
- with realtime capabilities
- using human language,
- perception capabilities,
- with visualization inputs/outputs
so that he/she can support project and project management activities
for example by
Composing project description
like providing with necessary background information
- about changes which trigger customers needs
- about the history of similar projects
- about technological competitors, competitors solutions
- about related technological road maps
- about customers requirements
Composing concepts for technical solutions
- by delivering stimulating ideas, concepts
- making constructive suggestions
- exploring applications of new fields for the working topic
- morphological exploration of new concepts
- composing attractive innovative solutions
Composing value charts
- by outlining benefits, costs and risks
- analyzing pitfalls, barriers, bugs and bottlenecks in concepts/plans
- supporting decisions by using structured methods like screening and scoring models
Composing project plans
- by creating alternative 'work break down structures'
- making suggestions for project plans
- creating alternative scenarios if something goes wrong (contingency plan)
- visualizing concepts and plans by use of virtual reality
- composing concepts and plans within given constraints
Composing execution by contracting, initialization, steering, controlling, reporting and administrating
- Project organization and coordinative actions (team structure, meetings,
workshops, presentation and reporting events)
- simulation of execution under various conditions
- early warnings and project controlling support (dash board charts)
- performing reports according to project milestones
- storing necessary technical and project progress in appropriate databases
- supporting activities in project and project management office
All information processing should be based on systems and design thinking.
Bildnachweis : Pixaby woman-1418846_1920
Abb. PCA 2: Consideration of pre-composed ideas
Our digital assistant or coworker should behave like a team member in dialogue, visualizing its findings on presentation screens, for example in virtual 3D.
By support of Project Composer Assistent we hope to reduce the analyzing, composing, evaluating, planning, controlling and reporting work dramatically and will revolutionize project teamwork.
We think Project Composer Assistant or a similar product Design Composer Assistant will appear in 2023 and get full potential up to 2025.
So far our prediction in 2017. The appearance of Dall-E and ChatGPT, soon Bard has confirmed our technology emergence feeling!
With the emergence of DALL-E 2
(Can AI Replace Our Graphic Designer?)
AI makes the right steps in the intended direction!
But it should not be the replacement of the designer, rather the rapid design basis to break through to "Higher Creativity"!
Another step in the right direction is the development of ChatGPT, which stands for Chat Generative Pre-trained Transformer, and is a chatbot
developed by OpenAI. The skill of this chatbot in mathematics, programming or other questions in natural and, for example, German language is remarkable. It shows how far communication with an AI has already come!
Contacts are welcomed!
A composing engine is the complex core of a self organizing learning machine which responds to linguistic requirements. It can respond contextual and context crossing according to creative requirements. To fulfill humanized reactions there must be a network of interrelated search, analysis, isolation, comparison, categorization, symbolizing, evaluation, verification, association, combination, synthesis, organization, controlling, reporting and presentation algorithms.
To reduce complexity, information processing can be organized on the basis of standardized workflows based on size, method and proposal requirements.